Costco has it all: When you walk through the aisles of your local warehouse, you’ll find everything you could ever need — in bulk at seriously discounted prices. With that in mind, it’s one of the best places — if not, the best — to shop before hosting parties and holiday gatherings of any size.
Unless you wait until the very last minute, that is.
Costco will be closed on Easter Sunday in 2021. That means, if you want to get your spiral ham or brunch spread from Costco, you’ll have to swing by your nearest store during the days leading up to Easter. All locations will be open for normal operating hours on Good Friday and Holy Saturday, but click here to find out the hours, including special senior shopping hours, for your local warehouse.
Like many other stores around the country, Costco has updated their store hours and polices amid the coronavirus pandemic. All shoppers, including those with medical conditions, must wear a mask or face shield while shopping in stores — regardless of local regulations — and are encouraged to maintain a distance of six feet from anyone outside of their household. Keep in mind that the CDC’s updated guidelines continue to encourage people to limit their grocery store trips and order items for pickup or delivery, if available. (FYI: Costco offers two-day and same-day grocery delivery.) In addition to wearing masks and practicing social distancing in stores, the CDC suggests wiping down shopping carts with disinfectant wipes, cleaning reusable shopping bags before each use, and using hand sanitizer before and after each shopping trip.
What other stores are open on Easter Sunday?
Just because Costco is closed on Easter Sunday doesn’t mean you’re totally out of luck. Some major chains may keep their doors closed (like Target, Publix, and Trader Joe’s) on Sunday, April 4, but there are still plenty of options to meet all of your last-minute shopping needs.
Here are all of the grocery stores open on Easter in 2021, along with their updated COVID-19 response hours:
- Dollar General: Stores will follow normal operating hours.
- Fresh Market: Stores are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Curbside pickup and delivery are also available.
- Harris Teeter: Store hours vary by location, so check your local store hours here.
- Kroger: Store hours vary by location, so find your local store hours here.
- Meijer: Last year, stores were open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Curbside pickup and delivery (orders of $50 or more) are also available.
- Safeway: Store hours vary by location, so check your local store hours here.
- Stop & Shop: Last year, stores were open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Curbside pickup and delivery are also available.
- Walmart: Stores are open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. No-contact pickup and delivery are also available.
- Wegmans: Stores will follow normal operating hours.
- Whole Foods: Last year, stores closed two hours early.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io