Thanksgiving is just one of those holidays where the to-do list is never-ending! There is figuring out who is coming over, what Thanksgiving activities to do and so much more. I mean, the list just goes on. So you’re likely wondering if any stores — particuarly Walmart — will be open on the big day to help you with all the last-minute touches.
Is Walmart Open on Thanksgiving?
Wondering what Walmart’s store hours will be on Thanksgiving Day? This year, you will have to double check that you have all your ingredients because Walmart stores will be closed, Thursday, November 25, 2021, for the second year in a row. As a big “thank you” to all their employees for their hard work during the pandemic, Walmart employees can spend their holiday at home with their loved ones.
Walmart is recognizing their employees’ heroic work during the pandemic by granting them the holiday off this year. The company explains they made the decision so that associates could spend time with their loved ones after a difficult year.
In a press release, Walmart’s executive vice president and chief operating officer Dacona Smith said, “Closing our stores on Thanksgiving Day is one way we’re saying ‘thank you’ to our teams for their dedication and hard work this year. We hope everyone will take the opportunity to be with their loved ones during what’s always a special time.” While Walmart is expected to operate on a normal schedule on Wednesday, November 24, the company has not yet announced its Black Friday hours for Friday, November 26.
Even though Walmart won’t be open on Thanksgiving day for last-minute grabs, we are sharing tons of other stores that will be or have reduced hours. Of course, there are other ways to have a show-stopper Thanksgiving without running from store to store. You can take the hassle out by ordering a fully cooked Thanksgiving dinner so all you have to do is say “dig in.” This is also a great option for spending less time in the kitchen and more time with your family and friends or relaxing on the couch with a Thanksgiving movie.
But if you are planning to make Thanksgiving at home, even though Walmart will be closed, there are tons of alternative stores to grab last-minute items for your big feast!
Other Stores Open on Thanksgiving:
These are stores that were open last year during Thanksgiving, but they may have different hours this year. Before you head out, make sure you call ahead (and we’ll continue to update this list as we learn more).
- ACME: Typically open on Thanksgiving, but hours may vary.
- Albertsons: Select stores should be open from 6 a.m. until at least 10 p.m.
- Cub Foods: The stores typically stay open 24/7, and you can even pre-order your Thanksgiving dinner for pickup or delivery.
- Fairway: In the past, stores have followed normal business hours (until 11 p.m. for most locations).
- Food4Less: Hours start at 6 a.m. and end at midnight all year long.
- The Fresh Market: Stores were open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. last year.
- Hannaford: Stores have opened at either 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. and close at 3 p.m. in past years.
- Kroger: Most stores normally open around 6 a.m. and close around midnight.
- Ralphs: Locations typically open as early as 5 a.m. and close at midnight.
- Safeway: Most stores usually stay open from 6 a.m. until midnight.
- Save Mart: Past Thanksgivings, stores were open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Shaw’s: Many stores are normally open between 7 a.m. and midnight.
- ShopRite: Hours are usually from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: The markets usually operate from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Last year, stores closed at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Vons: Many stores are usually open 6 a.m. to midnight, if not 24 hours a day.
- Wegmans: Stores will stay open until 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving, with the exception of locations in Massachusetts — which will remain closed.
- Whole Foods: All stores will be open this year, but customers are advised to check the website for specific hours closer to the actual date.
- Winn-Dixie: Select stores are also usually open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io