I’ve reached that point in the master bathroom project where I need the daily accountability, and for people to hold my feet to the fire to get this thing done.
I’m at the point where I just don’t want to do anymore. I don’t feel overwhelmed, but I’m just over it. 😀 I’m ready to move on. This happens every time I hit the 90-95% mark on every single big project I’ve ever done. I hit that point, and I get bored with it, and ready to move on to something else.
That’s where the accountability comes in. I need that in order to finish this room.
Here’s where the vanity plumbing project stands as of this morning. Before the plumber came to extend the PEX for the valves so that they could be just under the backside of the vanity (and hopefully not visible anymore), I decided to remove the entire panel of drywall.
(The valves in the photo above have already been extended towards the bottom of the vanity, but because there’s no drywall holding them in place, and because those brackets aren’t really tight against the PEX, they (and especially the one on the left) keep sliding down. I’ll see if I can tighten the bracket some, but when the drywall is in place, they’ll be even and up higher where they should be.)
When he looked at it the day before, he had suggested just cutting small rectangles out of the drywall, but then those rectangles would require patching. While this looks much worse while it’s in progress, I decided to remove the base cap trim, and then cut out the entire panel of drywall. That way, now that the valves have been moved up, I can cut a whole new panel of drywall, and the edges of the new panel of drywall will be hidden once the base cap trim is put back on. That way there’s no chance of patched drywall being visible.
So that will be my main project today. But I’d also love to see just how far I can get on finishing the installation of the rest of the trim. There’s so little left to be done!
This section of wall still needs the base cap molding installed inside each of the four panels. Plus, I need to install the trim and backing for the tile accent.
And then this area around the second vanity still needs the backing and trim for the tile accent/backsplash.
If I can get the rest of the trim installed today (or at least make a huge dent in this, and possibly finish tomorrow), that will feel like a huge victory to me. This unfinished trim project has been hanging over my head for so long now, and I need to buckle down and get it done. It’s so close! SOOOOO CLOSE!!!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!