Makeup & Beauty
How Has Your Makeup Style Evolved as You’ve Gotten Older?
Here are mine, in a nutshell
- These days I rely more on a bright lip, blush and lots of mascara; it’s the easiest way for me to look polished without having to deal with eye makeup.
- Speaking of eye makeup, I wear thinner eyeliner because hello hooded lids.
- On that note, I rarely do dramatic wings or whatnot – too hard to make them even and to get them to work with the hooded sitch.
- Oh, if I wear eyeshadow, I stick to easy eyeshadow looks with one or two shades at the most, and they’re usually in lighter tones. I rarely ever wear dark eyeshadows because figuring out the placement is too stressful, OMG!
- I do very light bronzing and absolutely no contouring. I don’t have as much collagen in my cheeks as I did back in the day, so I don’t need any extra definition of my cheeks and what not. I also figure the shape of my face is what it is. *shrugs*
- In regards to foundation, I typically wear a very sheer tinted moisturizer base because 1) heavy powders and foundations look really obvs on me now, especially in full sunlight, and 2) a sheer base makes it easier to reapply sunscreen. Also, I don’t like the feeling of wearing a lot of layers on my skin!
This is what I’m thinking my makeup collection will look like going forward
- Lots and lots of beautiful, bright lipsticks with a handful of shimmery nude glosses! I mean, I will always make room for a nude lipstick, but there’s something to be said about a bright pink, red or coral, especially if I have to get dressed up. I stand up straighter and feel seen when I wear those colors.
- Plenty of mid-toned neutral shadows (cream and liquid, because they’re the easiest to blend) for my lids.
- ALL THE BLUSH.
- ALL THE SHEER TINTED MOISTURIZERS.
- A handful of eyeliners that draw the thinnest, most precise lines and don’t bother my water lines. (Side note: I can’t just seem to throw whatever I want on my water lines anymore. So many pencils make me itch now.)
- One or two bronzers that blend without effort. I’m thinking I’m going to go back to the Chanel cream one in a jar. Old school baby.
- Some basic brow stuff. Boring but necessary.
- Mascaras that I hopefully don’t hate. LOL! It’s been a struggle since I quit using lash serum and my lashes have reverted to their formerly wimpy selves.
How has your makeup style changed as you’ve gotten older? Oh, and bonus points if you want to list how you think your collection will look like going forward!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,