If you want to switch up your smoothie game, you will love this Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie made with almond milk and flax seed.
Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie
I love the convenience of a protein shake when I need something fast and I’m trying to eat enough protein during the day. I created this post-workout protein shake because I hate the artificial flavors of all the flavored brands I’ve tried—and I’ve tried a ton of them! This Carrot and Banana Smoothie with milk
provides many benefits. I used unflavored pea protein powder, a ripe banana for sweetness and nutrients like potassium and vitamin B6, carrots for beta carotene, flax for extra fiber, turmeric, and almond milk. It’s a delicious, plant-based, high-protein breakfast recipe!! For more banana smoothie recipes, try my Peach Banana Green Smoothie, Blueberry Banana PB Smoothie, and Banana Date Smoothie.
Why You’ll Love This Carrot Banana Smoothie Recipe
- High-Protein Smoothie: With 28.5 grams of protein, this smoothie with protein powder is perfect to drink after a workout or for a filling and convenient breakfast.
- Simple: You don’t have to prep any of the ingredients. Just measure and pour.
- Fast: Put all the ingredients in the blender and turn it on for a quick breakfast, ready in under 5 minutes.
- High Fiber: It has 7 grams of fiber!
- Nutritious: Bananas and carrots add extra vitamins and minerals to this healthy smoothie.
- Vegan: A healthy, plant-based, high-protein breakfast recipe!
What do I put in a smoothie for protein?
Protein powder will give you the biggest bang for your buck since it’s an easy way to add protein. Some other high-protein ingredients are below:
- Dairy milk
- Flax and chia seeds
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter powder
Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- Milk: Almond milk keeps this smoothie dairy-free. Use any nut-milk or plant based milk you like!
- Protein Powder: I don’t love the taste of flavored protein powder, so I typically use an unflavored one. I like this Healthier Comforts pea protein (a great vegan option), but whey protein works too.
- Banana: Make sure your banana is very ripe for a sweeter smoothie. It should be mostly brown.
- Carrots: Half of a large carrot will work if you don’t have two baby carrots.
- Ground Flax provides fiber, protein, and many vitamins and minerals, like thiamine and copper.
- Turmeric not only gives this carrot and banana smoothie a pretty golden hue but is also an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects.
- Ice: If you like a thicker, smoother consistency, start with one cup of ice cubes and add more as needed.
- Optional, add stevia, honey or monk fruit sweetener if you want a sweeter smoothie.
How to Make a Carrot Banana Protein Smoothie
It doesn’t get much easier than a smoothie. Just throw all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Seeds: Swap ground flax with chia seeds.
- Milk: Use your milk of choice.
- Banana: It’s OK to use frozen bananas if you have them in your freezer.
- Vegetables: For more veggies, add some frozen cauliflower or cauliflower rice. It shouldn’t affect the taste.
- Collagen powder is easy to mix into smoothies. Add a scoop for improved bone strength, hair and nail health, and skin hydration.
Can you prep smoothies ahead of time?
This banana protein smoothie is best made right before you drink it, but you can prep it in advance. Put all the ingredients except the ice in the blender the night before and refrigerate it. In the morning, add the ice and blend.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 smoothie, Calories: 294 kcal, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Protein: 28.5 g, Fat: 6.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 290.5 mg, Fiber: 7 g, Sugar: 17.5 g