Happy hump day! 🤗
So…this is my new favorite work look. I’m calling it “rosy neutrals,” and it’s been in steady rotation for the past couple weeks.
Cream shadows FTW
I stumbled onto it quite accidentally. See, I didn’t have any clean eye brushes around (story of my life), so I ended up grabbing a few Laura Mercier cream stick shadows and let my fingers do the blending.
Gotta love cream shadows, right? They’re great for those quick and easy eye looks! I’m thinking I need more LM cream stick shadows in my life ASAP. Do you have any favorites? I want to get some matte and shimmer finishes.
A multitasking blush/highlighter brush
OK, back to the brushes… Now that I think about it, I actually only used a total of two brushes for this look — a fan powder brush to dust some MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and a split fiber brush to blend and apply my blush and highlighter (Laura Mercier Ginger Blush and Indiscretion Illuminator).
Have you ever used a split fiber face brush? They’re interesting. One side of the brush has bristles that are better for more intense application, and the other side has another type of bristle better for more diffused application.
MAC makes one I use and love called the 127 Synthetic Split Fiber Face Brush. To apply blush with it, I use the side with the tan bristles (the more intense side), and for highlighter, I go with the black bristles (the diffused side). To blend, I sweep the tip of the brush to buff out any hard edges.
It’s a pricey brush at $37, but it’s a workhorse IMHO! Worth the investment. I use it almost daily.
Speaking of workhorses…
If you’re on the market for a rosy brown neutral, you need to get Laura Mercier’s Nu Prefere Lipstick into your life! If you’re a MAC Velvet Teddy girl, you’re going to LOVE this shade. It’s a lot like MAC Velvet Teddy, but a little pinker (more pink?), so it’s slightly brighter with a little more sheen. I also think Laura Mercier’s Rouge Essential Creme Lipstick formula is a tad more user-friendly and isn’t as drying as the MAC Matte Lipsticks are.
Makeup worn in this look
- Eyes: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colors in Wild Rose and Kiss From a Rose (inner corner), and Rose Thorn (outer corner); Ilia Clean Gel Liner in Dusk (tightline), Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Mascara, Chanel Boy de Chanel Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
- Cheeks: Laura Mercier Blush Color Infusion in Ginger, Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Indiscretion
- Lips: Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Lipstick in Nu Prefere
- Base: Laura Mercier Tinted Moiturizer in Wheat, Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance-Perfectiong Foundation, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden
- Skin care prep: Laura Mercier Refining Creme Polish, Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Creme, Laura Mercier Multi-tasking Moisturizer, Nourishing Rose Oil, Laura Mercier Hydrating Lip Balm, Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer
I’m having the craziest week!
I’m talking deadlines upon deadlines at work, and lots of quick, last-minute turnarounds. I’m trying to get through it with a smile on my face! 😅
It helps when I force myself to take breaks, and I actually schedule them into my day. When a break comes around, I make myself take a walk so I’m not tempted to do anything else productive. Haha.
While I walk, I often listen to music, and here’s what I had on rotation yesterday:
Take me back…
The more I listen to this, the more I hear old-school MJ!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,