If you are confused about the visa process for your trip to Hungary, read this article to learn more about Hungary’s visa. This will make your visa process simple.
What is a Hungarian Visa for an Indian Citizen?
It is important to know that travelers from different countries need a Hungarian visa to enter the country. Other Schengen countries and some no-visa nations do not require permission to enter the border.
However, if you are someone from the South Asian side of the world, such as India, you will need a Hungary visa from the embassy or the consulate to enjoy your trip to Central Europe. It is also important for Indian travelers to attach a flight reservation document with their visa application form. This will help inform the representatives of your departing or returning dates, etc. You can have your schengenflightreservationvisa from this site or any of the reliable sources.
Is a Hungary visa open for Indians?
Yes, Indian citizens must get a Schengen visa to enter or travel to the connected countries within this area. This visa is a free ticket to visit the 27 Schengen countries, including Hungary.
Hungary, under the impact of the Turkish and Roman empires, is famous for its rich culture, architectural landscapes, and mineral spas including thermal Lake Heviz.
It is one of the best tourist spots in the world with an increasing economy. Due to the simple and easy immigration laws, it is easy for travelers to visit the country.
Benefits of a Hungary Schengen Visa for Indian citizens
Indian citizens can enjoy the advantages of a Schengen visa, as it has the following benefits.
- If you have a Schengen visa, you can visit the entire Europe with freedom and without any problem for separate visas for various connected countries.
- On the other hand, depending on the type of visa you get, you can have double or multiple entries which will allow you to enter or exit as many countries in the Schengen area as you want till your visa lasts.
- Whether you are on a vacation or business trip, a Hungarian visa is perfect as it is short (stays for 90-180 days).
How to Apply for a Schengen Hungary Visa?
You can apply for a visa application process for Hungary through an offline medium. However, for the process to be fulfilling and accurate, you have to follow certain steps or procedures.
- The first step is to collect all the necessary documents to start the visa application process.
- Visit the Schengen website or the embassy/consulate to have a clear understanding of the procedure and download the application form.
- Complete the application form by giving information, for instance, your name, age, gender, home country, occupation, visa type, etc.
- Make an appointment with the immigration representative and along with the visa application form, necessary documents, and visa application fee, apply to the assigned person.
- In some cases, the embassy or the consulate individuals may call you for an interview.
Hungary Visa Guide for Indian Citizens (Required Documents)
Ensure to give the following documents to the Hungary embassy to start the visa application process.
- Attach a passport with a minimum validity of approximately three months before your planned departure from the destination country.
- You need to attach your Hungarian visa to the passport, therefore, it should have at least three to four blank pages. Always make sure to check your documents before starting your trip.
- Mention your purpose of visit to the Schengen country, as enlisted above. Whether it will be for vacation or business reasons or just a family get-together.
- If a family member or a friend invited you to Hungary, you need to attach your proof of accommodation, hotel reservation, or invitation letter.
- Attach your travel insurance documents as they cover various travel risks. This document is important and must at least cover 30,000 Euros for unexpected crisis and return costs.
- Visit the Hungarian website or embassy and download and fill out a visa application form. Ensure that the information you give is accurate and factual with no hidden lies or motives.
- Ensure to submit 2 passport-size photographs with a clear and colored background. Avoid capturing a picture while smiling or wearing headgear or glasses. The picture should be recent and not older than three months.
- You must give proof of sufficient financial means.
- You can attach pay slips, income tax returns, employment history, bank statements, or sponsorship letters to help ensure that you can support yourself or your partner during your stay in Hungary.
What is the minimum bank balance for a Hungarian visa?
To get a Hungarian visa, you need a minimum of 24 Euros per day. However, it is not compulsory. For instance, if you can prove you have more money, it will help your chances of getting the visa higher.
- Share your flight reservation or travel plans with the embassy or consulate officials by presenting a detailed flight plan.
- This includes flight and seat numbers, accommodation plans, or daily activities during your stay in Hungary.
- Attach the specific document and ensure that you have paid the visa fee to the prospective department.
- Submit your medical or health certificate if you plan on an extended stay in the Schengen country.
- Attach a cover letter explaining your purpose of visit, why you specifically chose this country, and your intended plans or activities during your stay.
- Submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer confirming that they approve your leave and purpose of travel.
Hungary Visa Types
The Hungarian visa can be divided into the following groups depending on the purpose of the visit and duration of stay.
The short-term visa stays for days and you can use it for several reasons, such as business, visit, tourist, cultural/sports visa, or study visa.
It is also called a resident permit and usually stays longer than 90-180 days. You can get it if you are:
- employee who gets employment or works in Hungary
- students who need to accomplish certain school activities that will extend over the specified time, or
- people who visit their family members or stay with them for a longer period.
Is getting a Schengen visa hard or easy?
This is relatively a straightforward process if you complete the requirements and adopt the right method. Therefore, you need to follow the embassy’s guidelines, otherwise your application will be rejected.